Skip to main content

How to relax

Today I was told by my doctor, a bit firmly, to relax and take it easy, to work from home if I can, keep my feet up, and reduce stress. Her exact words were, "I'm not putting you on bed rest but I will." Then she looked at me sternly, like a parent would when threatening something a kid just knows she really means. I find out Thursday if they'll induce me- as early as this weekend!! That sounds super nice, though it comes after finding out I have symptoms of preeclampsia- which didn't sound like too big a deal at the time but the more I research the more I realize how serious it can be. At least the baby is okay- she's tough. :)

So... I've decided that maybe I do need to relax. I'm not really sure how though- I can sit for a few minutes with my feet up but then have this urge to get up and clean, cook, work, or just do something. Continuing to mow the lawn is out of the question, and really so is being on my feet all day. Which makes work become a bit of a change, along with doing much in the house. I feel like such a slacker!! How long can one actually read, crochet, surf the web, blog, write in a journal, or do any of those other "resting" activities without losing her mind?

What exactly does one do when relaxing?

If you have any ideas, shoot them my way!

Comments

  1. Hang out with me! But kyle says not resting is a good way to get the baby to come early. You told me to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. Enjoy the quiet time you have with Tim. I can't wait to have Copper in our lives. I'm so proud of you and Tim you will be outstanding parents. Love you even though Tim wint admit this I know I'm his favorite! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. One can read, go get a massage, watch endless hours of stupidity on TV, call friends and talk on the phone, get all the baby stuff out and while resting on your bed ooh and aah over it and don't forget to smell the baby lotions and baby baths stuff.

    You can surf blogs by clicking on the side bars of those you know and waste endless hours taking silly quizzes with poor grammar on face book.

    Do you think you can manage now? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure wish I knew how to sit and relax. ;) My cousin Hillary was on bed rest for 60 days when she had her first baby. Maybe she has some ideas. I guess you could scrapbook. Let me know if you need anything. It's exciting that you are going to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think maybe I should come and visit! Call me and I will. I would even mow the lawn for you, after all, I do like to mow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...