Oh how the nights are...
I hear it gets better. And, it is great. Don't get me wrong though... The nights are hard. Look at this face though! She's perfect!

1. First night. In hospital. Lots of racket. Can't sleep. It's not the noise. Adrenaline, or something, has taken over mind and body.
2. Second night. In hospital. More noise. Did that nurse really just wake me up to tell me she made Copper a cute nametag? Baby won't eat. Do I know how to feed her? Does she know how to eat?
3. Third night. At home! Very tired. Baby not tired. She slept all day. Barely waking up even to eat until the middle of the night. Not much to offer her quivering, really-ticked-off lips. Felt like a terrible mom. Nursing = Hard.
4. Fourth night. The best rest! Copper ate very well! Slept almost five hours straight! I'm thinking "This is all right! What a perfect day and night. Tomorrow will be even better."
5. Fifth night. Did I really think it would last?
I hear it gets better. And, it is great. Don't get me wrong though... The nights are hard. Look at this face though! She's perfect!
Don't worry, I know you're a good mom. Let me know if you need any help... PLEASE! Sleep whenever you can. :) See you Monday (if you are up to it).
ReplyDeleteYou are a very good mom! It just takes some getting used to and some getting to know each other! My mom once told me to enjoy every minute as it will go by fast. By our third child I had that figured and and used the sleepless nights to hold her and marvel at the babyness of it all! You just need a very comfortable chair to do that. We are thinking of you and wishing you the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had ONE good night at least! Nursing is tricky at first. That's so great that you still know Copper is perfect in spite of all the tired nights!
ReplyDeleteShe is so stinkin cute!!! I want to come and see her. Your doing awesome Cassie. It is hard the first couple of nights. You will get her into a routine and you 2 will figure it out. Good luck! They are so much fun. Congrats again.
ReplyDelete