Tonight I am bummed.
I have 19 days until I am back to work full force and it is really upsetting.
For those moms who get the privilege of staying home full time, count your blessings. Amid the crying, stress, and frustration of being at home lies the huge advantage of watching and influencing your child's development- and the relief knowing that what your child learns is a direct result of you rather than someone else.
Going back to work does not exite me. Fire me, but very few parts of my job are satisfying. Frankly, a lot of my job is tiring and bores me to tears. I know this is a choice feeling and I can feel differently about it anytime I choose to. But this thought keeps looming in the back of my mind, how twisted it is that the most important family I devote my time and effort to -should be my own... and the ones I am forced to put my all into are other people's. Does this seem screwy??
Despite appearance, this post is not all sap and teary. My goal is to remind myself of all that is good in my world. As my beautiful friend would say, "cheer to you" for there are abundant blessings in this world! Thank you D.L. for always reminding me!
I have 19 days until I am back to work full force and it is really upsetting.
For those moms who get the privilege of staying home full time, count your blessings. Amid the crying, stress, and frustration of being at home lies the huge advantage of watching and influencing your child's development- and the relief knowing that what your child learns is a direct result of you rather than someone else.
Going back to work does not exite me. Fire me, but very few parts of my job are satisfying. Frankly, a lot of my job is tiring and bores me to tears. I know this is a choice feeling and I can feel differently about it anytime I choose to. But this thought keeps looming in the back of my mind, how twisted it is that the most important family I devote my time and effort to -should be my own... and the ones I am forced to put my all into are other people's. Does this seem screwy??
Despite appearance, this post is not all sap and teary. My goal is to remind myself of all that is good in my world. As my beautiful friend would say, "cheer to you" for there are abundant blessings in this world! Thank you D.L. for always reminding me!
Cassie! I am so sorry! Our job does stink sometimes and it is a lot less important once a little one of you own comes, huh? Hopefully it will all work out, or you can just "happen" to work from home a bit- it is all good!
ReplyDeleteCassie- I'm sincerely grateful for your post. It reminded me of my goal (I made blog to keep me from getting down & out). I needed the reminder on your post.
ReplyDeleteYou are an wonderfully talented writer and have great incites into life and the twists and turns it takes.
Thanks again & I hope the best on your soon to be back at work full time.
Cassie my heart goes out to you. I remember the heartache that came from returning to work. Here I was "babysitting" other children while I paid someone to do what I wanted to do most. I often thought, "To everything there is a season." You will soon find out that seasons change, and there is truly good things about all seasons. Denise is right--there is always something cheerful about everything.
ReplyDelete