
Our stake had a clothing fair. This is what I got Copper. Her face and body are in there, but a bit hard to see. Obviously it's a little big. She'll probably look like the abominable snowman this winter. That's our hope.

This is her new stroller. I got it because it's lightweight, fits in my trunk, and because it's orange. Yes, Ashley, I am reminded of you each time I look at it. She's also a little small for this but obviously she doesn't mind.
This is me today. I am sticky, dirty, sunburned a little, and my socks adhered themselves to my
feet from the sweat of the incredible heat. We went for a retreat at work today, which means everyone, and I took myself right out of my comfort zone and straight into my worst nightmare. Sixty plus witnessed it, so I'm not making it up! A 30 minute "hike" and then repelling down a 500 foot cliff. Okay, 500 feet may be untrue; but it was probably 200, which is still high enough to give me over the top anxiety. Who am I kidding- I get nervous on step ladders. I still did it, but I didn't look down and, no, I don't think I want to do it again. I don't really think it lessened my fear but only exaggerated it. I hear the picture was priceless, maybe I'll post it when I see it. On a positive note, it made crossing a river on a tight rope seem like a piece of cake. And, really, especially with the heat, it would've been okay to fall in, especially since it was only a few feet deep. Days like today kind of make me like work- 'course it makes a big difference if you don't have to talk to any clients all day and get paid to hang out with cool work friends and laugh.
feet from the sweat of the incredible heat. We went for a retreat at work today, which means everyone, and I took myself right out of my comfort zone and straight into my worst nightmare. Sixty plus witnessed it, so I'm not making it up! A 30 minute "hike" and then repelling down a 500 foot cliff. Okay, 500 feet may be untrue; but it was probably 200, which is still high enough to give me over the top anxiety. Who am I kidding- I get nervous on step ladders. I still did it, but I didn't look down and, no, I don't think I want to do it again. I don't really think it lessened my fear but only exaggerated it. I hear the picture was priceless, maybe I'll post it when I see it. On a positive note, it made crossing a river on a tight rope seem like a piece of cake. And, really, especially with the heat, it would've been okay to fall in, especially since it was only a few feet deep. Days like today kind of make me like work- 'course it makes a big difference if you don't have to talk to any clients all day and get paid to hang out with cool work friends and laugh.
You are much braver than I am. I also hate step ladders. I think I would have called in sick rather than repel--you are an outstanding employee.
ReplyDeleteLove the stroller and Coppers new coat!