We considered the need for a camera. Translation: early Christmas present. And, since it's so close to Christmas, I thought I'd post some pics of homemade presents for this year... hopefully folks don't read this before the big day and get spoiled.
I made my mom a magnet board, cute with button magnets. When I say I made it, I mean I bought the steel, wood, and paint. My very cool redneck-like bro put it together b/c he's super talented like that. He's also putting a cut up water heater on his lawn mower for a handmade slow plow. That's a different story.
I made our niece Shawntee this apron to go along with a kids' cookbook. Note to self: sewing is not fun or relaxing. I have no natural talent for it, and though it often sounds fun to start sewing projects, it leaves me frustrated and annoyed. Hence, plenty of unfinished projects.
However, this craft I can handle. I crocheted a very cute black bolero to cover my niece Taryn's Christmas dress. It turned out great! Projects like this only take a few hours and are easy to haul around to work on, undo mistakes, and see progress quickly.
I made my mom a magnet board, cute with button magnets. When I say I made it, I mean I bought the steel, wood, and paint. My very cool redneck-like bro put it together b/c he's super talented like that. He's also putting a cut up water heater on his lawn mower for a handmade slow plow. That's a different story.
I made our niece Shawntee this apron to go along with a kids' cookbook. Note to self: sewing is not fun or relaxing. I have no natural talent for it, and though it often sounds fun to start sewing projects, it leaves me frustrated and annoyed. Hence, plenty of unfinished projects.
However, this craft I can handle. I crocheted a very cute black bolero to cover my niece Taryn's Christmas dress. It turned out great! Projects like this only take a few hours and are easy to haul around to work on, undo mistakes, and see progress quickly.I am also crocheting a dress for Copper. I thought of the idea on Monday night- a late start- but I think it will be done tomorrow.
Merry Christmas! More pics coming as the holidays get underway!
Great job on the home made gifts. You are very talented. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented! I like and appreciate all three of the gifts you made.
ReplyDelete