This afternoon I picked up two of my favorite kid clients from school and we headed to my program. I call them K and N for confidentiality reasons. They are nine and eleven year old girls, certainly old enough for the following conversation:
N: Guess what Cassie? Jordan from my class told me he's sending me a valentine! I think he has a crush on me. I stopped talking to him because I was embarrased.
K: Yea, he does have a crush on you. I eavesdropped during recess.
N: Well I guess I have a crush on him too. He could be my boyfriend.
Me: I think you're too young for boyfriends...
K: Nope, my mom says we could have boyfriends if they get good grades.
N: Well Jordan gets good grades. He's not really my type of guy. But he is a good guy, I mean, he does his homework and stuff.
K: The guy I like is a good guy too. He likes sports, but you know, he's not obsessed with them.
N: Well, you know, I'm a sucker for blond hair and blue eyes!
K: Me too.
I think their mom is in for it when they get a few years older!! Kelli, I know you know these girls, can't you just see them!
Love it!! They are cute! Too bad criteria for having boyfriends has to expand beyond good grades :)
ReplyDeleteso true...he's a good guy if he likes sports but isn't obsessed...haha! That part makes me laugh because I use to say I wanted a guy who likes sports but isn't obsessed with them. haha! Clint likes the reasons she knows he is a good guy. So cute. :)
ReplyDelete