I have maybe a dozen unfinished projects at any given time. I don't think it's as uncommon as it sounds. Mostly I don't finish because 1) I get bored; and 2) I screw up; or 3) It becomes too much work and takes too long. More often than not, it's a combination of the three. And almost always, my eyes and ideas are much bigger than my motivation.

So it is not unlike me at all to start another one today. This time, though, it's sewing. And I'm terrible at sewing. Maybe I'm trying to be like my sister, who's pretty good, or my mother in law, who is basically a sewing wizard. She could probably whip something out in her sleep.

This is what I'm attempting. But only the skirt for now. Or for ever. My goal tonight was to cut out the fabric pieces in straight lines according to the measurements. I only messed up twice. And there's a likely possibility I have to buy more fabric. Oops.
Wish me luck. If there's no picture of it by tomorrow night, I've likely given up. Now or never!
How cool. Let me know how it goes. I really want to learn how to sew.
ReplyDeletemaybe what we should do is trade unfinished projects. i'll finish yours, and you can finish mine.
ReplyDeleteQuick take Wendi up on her idea!
ReplyDelete