Some time ago that super cool guy Uchdorf talked about women's ability to create. And another cool guy I know told me he thought one key to happiness was hobbies.
So I decided to create this weekend. Which included today. I took another day off work. [Seriously- I started off sick but felt better this afternoon. Not good enough for the office though. I need a very extended break.]
Anyway- back to creating. Uchdorf says, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty."
Just part of his incredibly motivating talk. I took it to action by making these:
So I decided to create this weekend. Which included today. I took another day off work. [Seriously- I started off sick but felt better this afternoon. Not good enough for the office though. I need a very extended break.]
Anyway- back to creating. Uchdorf says, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before. Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty."
Just part of his incredibly motivating talk. I took it to action by making these:
A journal for my niece on Tim's side. Found a site to learn binding too. Easy. Included are thought prompts like, "People tell me I'm good at..." and "If I had a million dollars I would...".
Crocheted hats for Copper, Maci, Madisyn, Taryn, and Cameron.
A FHE chart for our family. I knew there was a reason I bought a pack of 500 magnets and 20 ounces of Mod Podge. I also know Tim and I take up most (okay, all) of the assignments but so goes when our kid is only 17 months.
Skirts. Cut a rectangle and put elastic on the top. Easy, even for a non-sewer. And cute. One for Copper, Maci, Madisyn, Cameron, and Taryn. Soon to be one for Shawntee and Sienna.
I think Christmas for the young chicas in my family is almost done...




i love this post cass, that is a great quote, there is nothing i love more than creating something awesome. :)
ReplyDelete