*Warning: this post is more of a rambling, boring novel. And there are no pics. Boring.
This past Sunday we blessed Micah and Dakota. I heard Tim's blessing on Dakota and completely missed Micah's because Copper was all over the place. Usually during Sacrament she is pretty good. She knows when to be reverent, when to fold her arms to pray, and to not wander off. Apparently having the whole family in the same room is reason to crawl over and under the pews and bea bit really crazy. Oh well, she is two I guess!
I took blessing pictures days before the blessing. And when I say I took pictures, I mean my cool friend from work Megan took pictures. When I get them I'll post them. I made all three girls matching skirts for the blessing and (I think) they turned out nice. I decided against the traditional white, three-feet-long blessing dresses, maybe because they remind me of a hundred years ago and I'm really not into old fashioned stuff. Or maybe because I want to be a bit different. Or maybe because I have these grand ideas and projects and, though I rarely finish any of them, I wanted to create something for the girls from hand.
Anyway, I'm super grateful Tim is worthy of the Priesthood and had the opportunity to bless them. He's more spiritual than even he believes and is a real blessing to our family. The fact he is also very patient, drama-free, and level-headed is also a great blessing. Probably not just by chance that he now is the only male in a home of four girls; imagine if we were all emotional anda bit really crazy! He is such a blessing to us!
It is a blessing we have the families and friends we do. I know I need to be more appreciative of the love and support everyone gives us. So... thanks to everyone- you are also a real blessing to us. It's amazing how many people in our lives do things for us. I feel undeserving of everything others do for us and often feel I'm completely taking advantage of others. Probably has something to do with my unsettled heart. I feel so wrapped up in myself lately that I'm not really seeing other people.
So it's amazing how many blessings I'm given despite my unwilling attitude adjustment. Imagine how much more I'll be blessed when I finally get with it and get over myself!
This past Sunday we blessed Micah and Dakota. I heard Tim's blessing on Dakota and completely missed Micah's because Copper was all over the place. Usually during Sacrament she is pretty good. She knows when to be reverent, when to fold her arms to pray, and to not wander off. Apparently having the whole family in the same room is reason to crawl over and under the pews and be
I took blessing pictures days before the blessing. And when I say I took pictures, I mean my cool friend from work Megan took pictures. When I get them I'll post them. I made all three girls matching skirts for the blessing and (I think) they turned out nice. I decided against the traditional white, three-feet-long blessing dresses, maybe because they remind me of a hundred years ago and I'm really not into old fashioned stuff. Or maybe because I want to be a bit different. Or maybe because I have these grand ideas and projects and, though I rarely finish any of them, I wanted to create something for the girls from hand.
Anyway, I'm super grateful Tim is worthy of the Priesthood and had the opportunity to bless them. He's more spiritual than even he believes and is a real blessing to our family. The fact he is also very patient, drama-free, and level-headed is also a great blessing. Probably not just by chance that he now is the only male in a home of four girls; imagine if we were all emotional and
It is a blessing we have the families and friends we do. I know I need to be more appreciative of the love and support everyone gives us. So... thanks to everyone- you are also a real blessing to us. It's amazing how many people in our lives do things for us. I feel undeserving of everything others do for us and often feel I'm completely taking advantage of others. Probably has something to do with my unsettled heart. I feel so wrapped up in myself lately that I'm not really seeing other people.
So it's amazing how many blessings I'm given despite my unwilling attitude adjustment. Imagine how much more I'll be blessed when I finally get with it and get over myself!
My granddaughter was blessed in a Sailor looking dress because her father was blessed in a light blue outfit and on Easter Sunday. Do your own thing. No law that says they have to blessed in white.
ReplyDeleteMiss you. Wish I had more interaction with you and your cute kiddos.