Skip to main content

Insert Smile

Sometimes I really can't believe how blessed we are.  And I have a hard time understanding folks who don't think there's a God out there guiding our everyday lives.  I see Him in everything I look at and experience.  Cool.  I love the way things in life have a way of working out for the better even if the goodness of the beginning, middle, and end are hard to see.

Recently Tim and I made two very important purchases.  The first one we call Screamer and the second we call Spitter; otherwise known as Kota and Micah.  Although, Micah may soon be called Scritter since she's gotten pretty dang good at yelling her lungs out.  These girls were pricey little things, and although Tim sometimes says he'd like to get our money back, we love them like mad.

Since I've been home on maternity, I've learned patience.  Well, I stand corrected.  I've been given chances every hour of each day to learn patience.  I'm getting better.  I think patience must be one of my life's missions.  Seriously.  I've had to be patient with almost everything good in my life.  This summer with these chicas has been extremely difficult for me.  I haven't really wanted to hurt the babies as much as I've wanted to hurt myself.  Ha.  Seriously, though.  Maybe if they'd smile at me it'd be easier.  I swear they smile for others more than their own mother.  My boss says they scream the most where the feel the safest.  Let your colors shine sort-of-thing, where you know trust and love are unconditional.  I believe this but not as much as I believe they're the biggest trial of patience I've been given and it's to make me a better person.  I sing for patience and I get it; I pray for patience and I get it; I cry for patience and I get it. And I've been reminded that the very best things in life require me to sit back, breathe, and draw closer to Christ. Duh.  Why is this so hard to remember?

I'm not really a Bible reader.  The BOM, sure, but the Old Testament is hard for me.  It's just so... something indescribable.   But, there's a scripture I love and will always remember; Micah 7:7-8.  Not irony that Micah's name is Micah.  I chose that name.  The scripture says: "Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.  Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me."  This reminds me of patience.


I got promoted this summer.  While I was on maternity leave. An 11% raise, and doing the same job I've really gotten to love and appreciate.  And it came with eight weeks of back pay.  Tim's finally secure in a job he likes, with bosses that treat him like family, and advantages that supercede most other work he's had.  Since January, we've paid off our debt except for the said screamers and my student loans.  And managed to save over 6K just since June. I don't know how.  Last Saturday our awesome neighbors bought the third vehicle we don't really need.  So today we paid off our car, and just in time to learn the bank approved an offer we have on a house!  Financing was partly contingent upon the car payment being gone.  Awesome timing.  Divine, really.  Really.  Hopefully it works out but if not it's for something better, and then patience returns.

Last week our above mentioned neighbors offered to take the babies for a bit while I went to the temple. I don't think they had fun (well, I'm certain of it), but they were so willing to give me this time.  Embarrassingly, it had been almost 10 months.  It was sweet.  A bit sad to say, I did not think of the babies once while I was gone but had this very renewed perspective of life when I left.  I was reminded that He pretty much is everywhere, throwing blessings in my face and reminding me to be cool.

Insert smile for all the sweet things that happen in life.

As a reward for making it this far into the above novel, here's something else to smile at.  
I guess they don't always scream or puke down my shirt.

Comments

  1. It's nice to see a picture of them nice and calm. Makes me less scared to get pregnant again. Remember how we used to be friends and see each other and stuff? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are doing so well! Yes, patience is a tough one to learn...at least your learning it from two little cuties. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...