Our yard is super cool but needs a whole lot of work. There are so many flower beds, too many, really, and they are filled to the max with deep rooted weeds. I started the task yesterday of clearing out a spot for a garden. After an hour of shoveling, I realized the area I was clearing was actually a sandbox. The girls will have a ball, for sure, and I will just love sweeping up all the sand that gets dragged into the house.

I decided to use a large area right up against the back of the house for the garden. It was full of buried rocks, bricks, and cinder blocks. It took hours and hours to just clear one 2'x8' area. Notice our colorful window markers. Copper has painted almost every window in our house. At least it's fun, and easy to clean.
While I dug, Kota played on the lawn and LOVED being outside.
Copper played with everything in the yard, wearing her I-took-this-out-of-the-sitter's-DI-pile hat. It's her favorite thing.
Micah was not super happy but was content when being snuggled. She is a super cuddly baby.
When Tim got home from work, he helped in the yard and put up the enclosure on Copper's trampoline.
And he taught Copper how to do "flips"...
Finally inside, the babies had bath time, something they LOVE.
And I went out and marveled at my garden row, ready for carrots.
What I didn't take a picture of but should have is our garage. I spent hours in there too, taking Everything out, sweeping, and reorganizing everything. It was a long day of work and I am pretty sore this morning, but it was an awesome day. I love work, especially when the weather is nice and babies are not screaming. The yard will take years to get everything done I'm thinking of, but it was a good start and I'm excited spring is here!









I love this post! It's fun to see your everyday life. Love the hats! And trampoline! And that you are going to start a garden! You rock!
ReplyDelete