Yes, I think working in the yard is fun. I would do yard work more if I had the time and if the three tikes could entertain themselves for a while. We tried to do yard work over last weekend, unsuccessfully. It took me hours and hours to weed what should have taken me about forty-five minutes. So... on Monday afternoon we decided to do yard work while the kids were at the sitter's. We tore up half the garden and a big flower bed and put down fabric and colored bark. We got the rest of the garden ready for seeds/plants. I mowed and edged the lawn, sprayed bug and weed killer, and still managed to take time off to take the babies to their 9 month doc appointment. We may not have been all together as a family during this time, but now we can enjoy our yard more when we're all together!

As you'll see from the pictures below, there is still a lot to do. I'm not really sure what to do with the big forest of trees out front. I know I don't want to weed it all of the time, so it will probably be torn apart. The rest of the flower beds are getting torn up too. Too much upkeep for me. Copper must have read my mind; she and a new neighbor friend picked all the tulips. I should have specified dandelions only. As you can see, she dressed herself the next day and the first thing she grabbed was the cup we put them all in.






Comments
Post a Comment