Easter 2012! The bunny came to our home on Saturday morning since we decided as a family that we would use Sunday to celebrate the reason for the holiday. To me, Christ's resurrection is a great symbol of hope and faith and rebirth. The weather was perfect, too; everything turning alive. A perfect reminder.
So, bright eyed at 6:30 Saturday morning, we discovered what the good old rabbit left. New Easter bags, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, jump rope, and matching shirts for all the girls. Plus a little bit of candy. After seeing this, Copper changed her mind about wanting the Easter Bunny to come; before this when asked, she would say a quick No! That afternoon we had some of our cousins come over for an egg hunt and lunch. We have a sweet backyard for an egg hunt. Although we had to hide the eggs three times because Copper kept picking them all up before we even started, it was still a lot of fun. That night she said, "party? eggs? gone?" When we said she would see her other grandparents the next day she threw her arms up in the air and said, "Yahoo!" Sunday morning the girls were given the rush-job of matching skirts I made them. Really rush, since I didn't start until Saturday night. I forgot new church shirts, though. Oh well. We tried to enjoy the spirit of Christ at church; I'm sure it was there, though our kids don't give us much of a chance. After church we went to Tim's parents for a nice dinner. I forgot to take my camera, though. Oh well again. Easter was fun and we can't wait for next year when the babies will really understand what's going on!











Comments
Post a Comment