This week I met a family who, right now, is facing:
unemployment, divorce, chronic health problems, drug abuse, eviction, school
failure, involvement with the legal system, and a new baby on the way. I got home and thought, “Who, who cares that
my house looks like a hurricane hit it?”
Social work is quite a spiritual job. Probably depends how you look at it. Spiritual for me, I guess. I am beyond amazed at some of the things others
have to go through. I wonder if it’s
because it’s what they were handed to become stronger or simply what they
chose. Maybe it doesn’t matter? It’s incredibly spiritual to me, at least on
good days, because I get perspective. I
am a good mother, a good wife, a good neighbor, friend, daughter, sister. I am blessed abundantly. I have an incredible support system and so
many people who love and care about me.
I am healthy. I am educated. I have a job.
I have a home. I have gratitude
for the things God has given and know I am always taken care of. I have knowledge and faith in the things I
know will lead me down the right track.
So thank you world!
For reminding me that I am blessed.
And that I have a place here to love and serve.
And, remind me, on bad days, that I’d rather go through my trials any day than go through
someone else’s!
Comments
Post a Comment