I read and reread a line today, the beginning sentence of a long post about truth and chaos. it reads, the world is watching our church.
This blog is my personal life. Not really a forum for topics of the news and currently events. But this is a big deal. And yeah, the world is watching our church.
It is! And though it's come through a negative fashion, the world is watching right now.
For those who choose to be mindful and respectful, they will find truth in that church doctrine reigns where no man, woman, media, or social pressure will.
I am sad that the leader of her own made group, ordain women, was excommunicated. That is always a sad thing.
But is not about feminism or gender equality for fairness. Anyone that understands the gospel understands what is happening is not really about the gospel at all. This is about pride, believing that we are all knowing being ourselves, that making a great display will change the Gospel's very foundation. Her approach to all of this, running to the media and becoming the spotlight of attention, that's not about the gospel at all. Pride is a wicked way.
I'm incredibly grateful my husband has the priesthood. If anything, and at the very least, it is a set of maturing responsibilities to lead and guide a family. And furthermore, anyone that's been in the temple understands that women have a very sacred priesthood responsibility.
I'm happy the world is watching The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Let the gospel be known.
This blog is my personal life. Not really a forum for topics of the news and currently events. But this is a big deal. And yeah, the world is watching our church.
It is! And though it's come through a negative fashion, the world is watching right now.
For those who choose to be mindful and respectful, they will find truth in that church doctrine reigns where no man, woman, media, or social pressure will.
I am sad that the leader of her own made group, ordain women, was excommunicated. That is always a sad thing.
But is not about feminism or gender equality for fairness. Anyone that understands the gospel understands what is happening is not really about the gospel at all. This is about pride, believing that we are all knowing being ourselves, that making a great display will change the Gospel's very foundation. Her approach to all of this, running to the media and becoming the spotlight of attention, that's not about the gospel at all. Pride is a wicked way.
I'm incredibly grateful my husband has the priesthood. If anything, and at the very least, it is a set of maturing responsibilities to lead and guide a family. And furthermore, anyone that's been in the temple understands that women have a very sacred priesthood responsibility.
I'm happy the world is watching The Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints. Let the gospel be known.

Thanks for your thoughts and words Cassie. I totally agree with you. I enjoy reading your blog; it is so much fun to keep up with your family. Your words and pictures are priceless. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteStephanie
P.S. Will you please call my mom at home during the day? She needs to talk to you about a party for my dad and she can't call long distance--weird story--Thanks!
hi Steph! I tried your mom today but nobody was home so I'll keep trying!
Delete