Thanks to my good friend Megan, we now participate yearly in Chick Fil A's annual cow day. Dress like a cow, get free food. Sounds good to us! Is walking around like a cow, a bit humiliating to me, worth $22 worth of food? Yep!
We have a love-hate relationship with church. Not the gospel or doctrine, just church. Tim and I teach the 5-year olds. They are hilarious and probably share a bit too much about their families and lives. But they are close to the Spirit and have such a purity about them. That's part of the "love." Sacrament Meeting is usually no bueno. I don't hear much of what goes on but I know it's important for my family to be there. Even when Micah throws up everywhere. During Sacrament Meeting. All over the carpet and covered chairs, all over Tim, all over herself and in her shoes. All the while, Kota is asking, "Mom, did Micah throw up? Mom?" And I'm trying to keep them quiet while we find something to clean it up with and thinking, "Obviously Dakota, are you really asking me if she did, while staring at it everywhere?" I realize I already talked about this. It was rough. At least they are cute kids all dressed up for Heavenly Father and the world.
One Sunday I had the brilliant idea of walking to my supervisor's house, maybe a mile away. It's blistering hot, I think. But it'll be fun and good exercise, I think. I thought wrong. It was pretty fun for a bit. All in the name of service, so it's good points in heaven. We brought her bread (her FIL passed away) and taught the kids about being kind to others who are having a hard time. Well, that's what I call it. I think what they took away was, "What a long, boring walk and I'm tired."
That night we went to my aunt Penny's. She knew we were coming and pleased Micah's taste buds by making cookie dough. She is a good third grandma to my girls. She always has a new reading tool or game or trick to teach Copper (she teaches reading recovery and was a kindergarten teacher) and always praises her smart brains. She gets excited to see the twins and gives them lots of loves. Micah loves her great aunt. She sounds old when I call her that! She occasionally says, "Penny?" and points her out in pictures. Dakota loves her home but keeps me in close view.
At our house we do art. We do projects and crafts and coloring and cutting and drawing and paint and markers and crayons. We use a lot of paper. And rocks, twigs, leaves, dried food, jewelry, you name it. When the kids are bored, we come up with new ideas. Like little cities out of paper bags. Copper's is a restaurant, which you (apparently) spell "Y S O S T". I may miss the day when I don't come home to 50+ sheets of art laying around...
We have a love-hate relationship with church. Not the gospel or doctrine, just church. Tim and I teach the 5-year olds. They are hilarious and probably share a bit too much about their families and lives. But they are close to the Spirit and have such a purity about them. That's part of the "love." Sacrament Meeting is usually no bueno. I don't hear much of what goes on but I know it's important for my family to be there. Even when Micah throws up everywhere. During Sacrament Meeting. All over the carpet and covered chairs, all over Tim, all over herself and in her shoes. All the while, Kota is asking, "Mom, did Micah throw up? Mom?" And I'm trying to keep them quiet while we find something to clean it up with and thinking, "Obviously Dakota, are you really asking me if she did, while staring at it everywhere?" I realize I already talked about this. It was rough. At least they are cute kids all dressed up for Heavenly Father and the world.
One Sunday I had the brilliant idea of walking to my supervisor's house, maybe a mile away. It's blistering hot, I think. But it'll be fun and good exercise, I think. I thought wrong. It was pretty fun for a bit. All in the name of service, so it's good points in heaven. We brought her bread (her FIL passed away) and taught the kids about being kind to others who are having a hard time. Well, that's what I call it. I think what they took away was, "What a long, boring walk and I'm tired."
At our house we do art. We do projects and crafts and coloring and cutting and drawing and paint and markers and crayons. We use a lot of paper. And rocks, twigs, leaves, dried food, jewelry, you name it. When the kids are bored, we come up with new ideas. Like little cities out of paper bags. Copper's is a restaurant, which you (apparently) spell "Y S O S T". I may miss the day when I don't come home to 50+ sheets of art laying around...
We try to make Family Home Evening a constant in our week. Which means twice a month is pretty good. Our record FHE is about seven minutes total. Usually it's between four and five minutes, including prayer and lesson. Treats and games seem to linger a little longer. A few weeks ago Tim thought of this lesson and the kids loved it. He had the kids build a pyramid of plastic cups, naming things that build the church and keep it strong (prayer, tithing, going to church, reading scriptures, etc.) and then talked about how easy it would be for the church to fall if we all didn't do what we need to. Or something like that. We shot down the tower with nerf guns. I think we all got caught up in building and destroying. It's all about time together, right? I hope so. :)
Our house is most quiet when the littlest of our rascals are asleep. Then, this cute girl always asks what we're going to do next. She doesn't yet believe in bedtime. We love our life!
Comments
Post a Comment