These girls of ours!
Micah our gremlin. Sometimes she just gets up, runs around screaming and growling, then sits down and giggles over and over. She's the one who makes inhuman and animal like noises, who wanders off when everyone else is cleaning up, who still cries when she can't find mom. Once I'm home for the evening, we're together forever. She still throws up when she cries too hard. Sometimes she even throws up when nothing's wrong. Like in Sacrament Meeting last week. Huge hurls of chocolate throw-up, which I attribute to her ch.milk intake that morning. It landed on the carpet, covered chairs, Tim, her dress, her shoes, the backpack, pretty much everywhere. It was super disgusting. She was fine the rest of the day. Our Micah is one of a kind. Sometimes I want to squeeze that petite little face to death. She's adorable, even when that little lower lip quivers and she whispers, "Mom I threw up..."
Dakota is a lover and a fighter. She gives the best kisses and always shouts her affections to me. She is a chatter for sure! The other day she asked, "Mom, you wear these earrings to work at McDonald's?" When I told her I didn't work at McDonald's, she said, "WHAT?? You don't?" A child's world is small. And I love Kota's world. She loves to read and do everything her big sister does. She always tilts her head when I take her picture. She poses and asks for her picture taken. She throws tantrum-sized tantrums over pretty much anything. In one afternoon alone she cried when I cut her toast, when we turned left instead of right, when she couldn't find a shoe, and when I looked at her sternly. She has moody eyes to die for; their colors are amazing to watch.
Copper thinks she's an adult. She says things like, "Our girl is growing up," (meaning Dakota, who remarkably and successfully aimed the remote at the Wii screen), and "What're we going to do when the babes go to sleep tonight?" The other day she said:"Know what I'm going to do when I get married?" "When I'm twelve?"
Me: What?
Copper: That night, when everyone leaves and everyone else is asleep, I'm going to have a bath. By.My.Self.
Me: Sounds perfect.
I think she's figured out that I love baths after they've all gone to sleep. Ha! Copper is a lover (still) of arts and crafts. She's the peacekeeper in our family, helping others find happiness by doing something silly, giving them hugs, sharing something she has, and just smiling.
My kids are a gift to the world and to our family. What incredible little beings they are.
In whatever other successes they achieve in life, I hope they are known for their kindness and compassion. They're off to a good start I think. They are three and five afterall, but in the quiet moments in our day to day life, they show consideration to each other, they are generous with others, and they are polite. Copper's daily prayers of "Help us be kind to everyone" is certainly heard. :)
Comments
Post a Comment