We too must give!
(One of) this year's Christmas countdown activities is a countdown service chain. So far the girls have excitedly given away and made things to show our appreciation for those around us. I didn't think to take pictures of the first few service projects, but here's a few!
(One of) this year's Christmas countdown activities is a countdown service chain. So far the girls have excitedly given away and made things to show our appreciation for those around us. I didn't think to take pictures of the first few service projects, but here's a few!
![]() |
| (Micah not pictured- her contribution was a few scribbles and a cute smile) |
One year our own little family was really struggling, in more ways than one. On a hectic night in December there was a knock at the door. We were surprised and (I was) brought to tears by the sight on our front porch. Food for a feast and gifts galore. It was amazing. No "from ..." tag, just a Merry Christmas note and a reminder of the Savior. It really was incredible. I love the Christmas Spirit and wished it stayed year round. I want these young girls of mine to grow up knowing that service, kindness, and love are the best gifts of all! Our service chain is one hopeful and fun way to gain a strong testimony of that!
Here's what we've done so far!
1. Donation to the church's Humanitarian Fund
2. Thank You note to our sweet mail lady (with some hot chocolate!)
3. Thank You note to our teachers at school
4. Thank You note to our Primary teachers and leaders
5. Donation to the Food Bank
6. Donation of gifts to another family (we are doing Sub for Santa- so fun!)

Comments
Post a Comment