Skip to main content

3 girls

Copper:
Loves everything girly...earrings, dresses, painted nails, makeup
Loves learning and reading
Loves writing books and wants to be an author and illustrator
Has a strong spirit of Christ and is a good example to our whole family
Loves her sisters and recently said, "Did you tell my class I had them when I was two?"

When I say loves her sisters, I mean she loves them, finds great joy in them, teaches them, smiles with them, hugs them, prays for them, really sees them as little stars in her life...



She is almost SEVEN!  She is in first grade and reads and writes like she'sin third.  She loves her teacher, who has inspired her to learn to play the piano (four lessons down, years to go) and write her own books.  She spends her time using all of our computer paper to write books to give away- cookbooks, chapter books, picture books, story books, etc. etc.  While I'm thrilled at her love of learning, I am very most proud of her love of Christ and Heavenly Father.  She absorbs the gospel and it has a happy home in her loving and open heart.  She reads gospel stories and scriptures and I'm amazed at how well she understands and wants more.  She's a treasure!

Dakota:
Loves everything her sister Copper does, haha
Loves to do arts, crafts, draw, color, and paint
She likes to read books and ride bikes
She likes to practice writing
She loves her hair in a ponytail and everyone is quite jealous of the beauty she is
She is extra sensitive and loves hugs and reassurance
She's a little skeptical of the world, haha, and raises those eyebrows at nearly everything

She is almost FIVE!  She knows the letters and sounds, numbers, and shapes, and asks all the time how to spell certain words.  She can write name (Kota and Dakota).  While she's excited for kindergarten, she's nervous (doesn't like big crowds of unknown people) and is very grateful for her twin to be with her.  Dakota is persistent, determined, strong, and aware of what she wants.  She's the best thing for our family!


Micah:
Loves, loves clothes and changes hers several times a day
Loves how she looks and is meticulous about picking out her clothes...but always has messy hair
Loves singing and has the sweetest, naturally wonderful voice
Loves Hulk and everything he represents: strength and beating bad guys
Loves building and creating and is great at figuring out Legos with intricate details
Is very independent: when she wants something, she just gets it herself and isn't afraid of trying
Is almost FIVE!  She knows all her letters and sounds and numbers and shapes and can count to thirty.  She can write her name and I love the little circle she draws for the i. She can't wait to go to kindergarten this year and will hopefully hit 30 pounds before she does so!  She gives our family smiles and warms our hearts immensely.

These two together are CRAZY!  They are best friends with their Copper and best friends with themselves.  After hearing a lot of (unsolicited) advice on whether to break them up for kindergarten classes, I finally heard what made the most sense- to not mess with biology.  They've been together since before birth, they're always together, and they like being together.  So I did what the best thing to do was and asked them what they wanted for kindergarten.  Both said they want to be together, so that's how they're registered!

These two (along with Copper, of course) are strikingly beautiful.  Like knockout beautiful, and I don't think I'm too bias to say it...

We have fun around here!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...