Dakota: "Mom, the weirdest thing happened at school."
Me: "Oh yeah? Like what?"
Dakota: "There was this beep from the wall. And a voice from the sky... and the voice wasn't even in the room!"
Me: {I thought about telling her it was God, but didn't want to confuse her because she also said the voice was a girl... and I think it would have super confused her at the expense of my humor}
Me: "Yeah... that's called the intercom." {explained what it was}
Dakota: "What? I had no idea."
Dakota: "Today I played with someone new. Her name is Briella."
Me: "Oh good!"
Micah: "Hey, I have a girl named Briella in MY class!"
Me: "You guys, you're in the same class...."
Micah: "I got left behind at recess today because I stayed out there with the wrong class."
Me: "What did you do?"
Micah: "Nothing. I just played and then the teacher said, 'You're not in my class...' and took me to the right one."
Dakota: "I peed my pants at school today."
Me: "That doesn't sound like you."
Dakota: "Well, I raised my hand but she didn't see me. So I just peed in my chair."
Me: "Uh oh, that's not good..."
Dakota: "It's fine, mom, it dried."
Me: "Oh yeah? Like what?"
Dakota: "There was this beep from the wall. And a voice from the sky... and the voice wasn't even in the room!"
Me: {I thought about telling her it was God, but didn't want to confuse her because she also said the voice was a girl... and I think it would have super confused her at the expense of my humor}
Me: "Yeah... that's called the intercom." {explained what it was}
Dakota: "What? I had no idea."
Dakota: "Today I played with someone new. Her name is Briella."
Me: "Oh good!"
Micah: "Hey, I have a girl named Briella in MY class!"
Me: "You guys, you're in the same class...."
Micah: "I got left behind at recess today because I stayed out there with the wrong class."
Me: "What did you do?"
Micah: "Nothing. I just played and then the teacher said, 'You're not in my class...' and took me to the right one."
Dakota: "I peed my pants at school today."
Me: "That doesn't sound like you."
Dakota: "Well, I raised my hand but she didn't see me. So I just peed in my chair."
Me: "Uh oh, that's not good..."
Dakota: "It's fine, mom, it dried."
Comments
Post a Comment