I've been really stressed lately, grumpy, frustrated, stretched too thin, and full of tears. Gah!! In some ways, work has kind of been my salvation. Not my actual work, haha, because that's just a circus. But the people I work with are some of my closest peeps. In the last few weeks especially, when I've cried off way too much mascara, my work friends have come running with love and support! I'm very, very grateful for the friendships I have and continue to make. This last Thursday I had to have a hard conversation with a friend and I couldn't have asked for a better example of love, charity, and forgiveness. I was reminded that a smile and kindness sure go a long way and that those we call friends are great to have. I left hoping to be that kind of friend to someone else. I was again instantly reminded of all the very good people in my life and reminded that in the hard times, gratitude goes a long way to heal sadness and have hope; especially gratitude for others, and especially for others who have a deep sense of what one needs and just does and just is. This is the friend I hope I am or have been and hope to be for others.
I'm also grateful it's been super slow at work lately because I've been absolutely useless, unavailable, and uninterested. So I was surprised today when our agency director showed up to our staff meeting to present me with an achievement award (ha!), letter, and incentive (taxable, ha!). The State's a little behind... it's dated December. So funny and not surprising.
I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not, but it came from the state office and not just our region, so I'm sort of making it a big deal. Sometimes it's the little things that help validate, encourage, and remind us to carry on!


Comments
Post a Comment