Christmas Eve is spent with the Helferich clan- family games, Lasagna and bread, cookies, gifts, and good times.
My favorite gift is below. Several years ago I asked the inlaws to complete a "fun" little family history exercise. Fifty-two questions about their lives, answered in-depth, typed, and bound. Including pictures. SUPER awesome. I can't wait to finish them. It's like a little treasure. I love it.
Best two conversations of the day:
Me: I'm so sick I'm probably going to die. I think I have bronchitis.
Amber: I don't think so. *reads online symptoms, which I do not meet*
Shandee: I think it's just a really bad cold with maybe a sinus infection. This is how I have to sleep when I get like that.... *holds both of her nostrils open while pressing upwards on her cheeks*
Everyone: *laughing*
Me: *laughing to hard I can't talk, then I start crying from laughing, then I start real crying for no reason except I really don't feel well*
Everyone: *stop laughing at Shandee and now laugh at me*
Me: *Can't remember much, except I woke up an hour or so later and most of the family had gone home*
Me: Tim, what book are you listening to while ignoring the family talk?
Tim: What?
Me: What did you download?
Tim: Huh?
Amber: Is it Fifty Shades of Gray?
Mom: Cassie! You read Fifty Shades of Gray? That is naughty!
Me: No I didn't.
Amber: I think Tim is listening to it.
Mom: Tim! Don't read that.
Tim: Well, Cassie's been sick for two weeks...
Everyone: *dying of laughter*
*FYI: he's not reading Fifty Shades...*
Hahaha. It's how a lot of family talk goes there. So funny.
I wish I had felt better all weekend. If I only have a cold, it's a rotten, rotten one. I haven't felt this crummy in a long time. I still enjoyed Christmas with family; it's the most important part. But I sure took a lot of naps!
We got lots of family games- Blink, Farkle, and Ticket to Ride (USA). It's our favorite thing to do! Coloring books, new pajamas and clothes, and more.
My favorite gift is below. Several years ago I asked the inlaws to complete a "fun" little family history exercise. Fifty-two questions about their lives, answered in-depth, typed, and bound. Including pictures. SUPER awesome. I can't wait to finish them. It's like a little treasure. I love it.
We went to my mom's on Christmas Day. Good times, crazy busy, lots of kids, loads of fun.
I wrapped my parent's gifts in this pretty incredible prank box called "Roto Wipe." It claims to contain a rotating wheel that hooks onto a toilet. I got it from Tim's mom, who prank wrapped one of Barb's gifts in it. I wish I had gotten a picture of her reaction- it was sweet. I asked to borrow the box and captured my mom's reaction. Awesome. My brother got his gift in a "Bacon Smelling Dryer Sheets" box. So funny!
Me: I'm so sick I'm probably going to die. I think I have bronchitis.
Amber: I don't think so. *reads online symptoms, which I do not meet*
Shandee: I think it's just a really bad cold with maybe a sinus infection. This is how I have to sleep when I get like that.... *holds both of her nostrils open while pressing upwards on her cheeks*
Everyone: *laughing*
Me: *laughing to hard I can't talk, then I start crying from laughing, then I start real crying for no reason except I really don't feel well*
Everyone: *stop laughing at Shandee and now laugh at me*
Me: *Can't remember much, except I woke up an hour or so later and most of the family had gone home*
Me: Tim, what book are you listening to while ignoring the family talk?
Tim: What?
Me: What did you download?
Tim: Huh?
Amber: Is it Fifty Shades of Gray?
Mom: Cassie! You read Fifty Shades of Gray? That is naughty!
Me: No I didn't.
Amber: I think Tim is listening to it.
Mom: Tim! Don't read that.
Tim: Well, Cassie's been sick for two weeks...
Everyone: *dying of laughter*
*FYI: he's not reading Fifty Shades...*
Hahaha. It's how a lot of family talk goes there. So funny.
I wish I had felt better all weekend. If I only have a cold, it's a rotten, rotten one. I haven't felt this crummy in a long time. I still enjoyed Christmas with family; it's the most important part. But I sure took a lot of naps!





Comments
Post a Comment