Skip to main content

Life as usual!


The other night Copper and I got to craft together for an Activity Days mother-daughter paint night.  So fun!


On Saturday, my friend Ashley invited us to go to the Jordan River Temple Open-House.  It's SOOOO beautiful!  It was a self-guided tour, which meant we could spend as much time in one area as we wanted.  Sweet Micah said she felt so wonderful in the temple that she wanted to be baptized right then and there!  Her sweet spirit makes up for the fact that she wears sneakers to all church related events, including temple times and sacrament meeting.

Saturday afternoon I helped Tim clean up the lilac bushes he trimmed for me.  They're growing out of control and killing my grass so he had fun with the chainsaw.  There's a lot more that needs to be done, but hours later he was beat.  What a trooper!  I burned limbs for over an hour and there's still a ginormous pile, plus the dumpster bin we filled up.  While I burned things, the girls and Tim played baseball in the backyard and drew with chalk.  We read scriptures by the fire and it was a perfect spring night.

Today was perfect!  We went to my mom's ward, where she and my dad spoke in Sacrament Meeting for the first time in twenty years!  The girls and I then took a walk down the road to Christofferson's farm and fed the sheep.  I wish I could have gotten Dakota's face but she was pretty into it and the sheep kinda loved her.  Then we kept walking to the cemetery and talked about family history, our ancestors, how people died, and what we can do to celebrate them.  I love the cemetery!  It was a LONG walk back to our house, uphill, and I'm sure Micah's legs were going to fall off so I had to carry her a bit until my own legs melted.  Copper and Dakota were troopers!  
Such a fun week.  I'm so grateful for my family!

 
 Oh  yeah... and some documentation of the little project my dad thought of...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...