A few years ago I bought a Book of Mormon Study Guide that breaks it apart a few verses at a time and offers suggestions to write and journal about. It has been the most effective way I've ever read the BOM and I've understood it in ways I haven't. It's been a big blessing in my life. I finished it this week and was really overcome with emotion. I'm too lazy to retype everything I wrote about it so I just took a picture of my journal entry that day...
Next I've decided to study the Doctrine and Covenants and luckily found the same type of study guide. The last time I read D&C was with Richard Ellsworth as my high school seminary teacher. As small towns would sometimes have it, Richard Ellsworth happens to be in my ward now and lives just down the street. He's AMAZING in gospel knowledge and our Stake's patriarch. I started the study yesterday and I'm excited about it.
This week I've sort of let some newly formed habits lapse and I hope to get back on track. The last month or so I've been getting up at 5:15 for some quiet time- prayer, scripture reading, journaling, and then exercising. By 6:30 in the morning I've done more than I typically accomplish the rest of the day, and it's a good feeling. It has done wonders for stress and my mental health, happiness, and peace. This week (I blame Spring Break) I've been a lot lazier, and I've felt it. Let it be a lesson that Joy Comes In The Morning! There's also a conference talk by the same title. I stumbled onto it awhile ago and I've been listening to it a few times a week. It's by Russell M. Nelson from 30 years ago. What a great thing that he is now our living prophet. He's been a witness of Christ and the good life for decades and I'm grateful for his example.
Comments
Post a Comment