A few Saturdays ago we went to my nephew Daxton's baptism. During the program, Micah sat on my lap and I whispered to her: "This will be you and Kota in about eight months! Look at these little girls' dresses... do you like this one?" She said no. "This one?" "No." "How about that one?" "No."
She's hard to buy for and is pretty specific about what she likes. On Sundays when we go to church, she wears a plain maroon skater dress that says "FEARLESS 101" on it, with her Vans sneakers. It's not worth fighting so I don't really care what she wears. So on Saturday after the baptism, I should not have been surprised when she said, "I will wear a dress like this, except white, and it will say 'Fearless' because God makes me not afraid." So that's that. No judging when this sweet thing has FEARLESS plastered on her baptism dress!
That weekend we went to my mom's to see what she needed before she had surgery on Monday. Copper and Cameron had fun with the mountain of snow-covered-dirt that's still in the backyard while Tim, Amber, and I "decorated" my mom's tree. It was a little funny, but not really because my mom later had to do all the work to make it nice. She is leaving up the banner she made; all that work and it went on backwards, which made Taryn ask if it was in a different language before she realized she just needed a mirror, haha.
Micah sat cozy by a warm oven with hot chocolate, haha. This WAY reminds me of my mom, who I sometimes found sitting by the oven drinking warm cocoa. There's not enough warmth in the winter, no matter heaters, fireplaces, socks, and eskimo gear. I totally get it.
She's hard to buy for and is pretty specific about what she likes. On Sundays when we go to church, she wears a plain maroon skater dress that says "FEARLESS 101" on it, with her Vans sneakers. It's not worth fighting so I don't really care what she wears. So on Saturday after the baptism, I should not have been surprised when she said, "I will wear a dress like this, except white, and it will say 'Fearless' because God makes me not afraid." So that's that. No judging when this sweet thing has FEARLESS plastered on her baptism dress!
That weekend we went to my mom's to see what she needed before she had surgery on Monday. Copper and Cameron had fun with the mountain of snow-covered-dirt that's still in the backyard while Tim, Amber, and I "decorated" my mom's tree. It was a little funny, but not really because my mom later had to do all the work to make it nice. She is leaving up the banner she made; all that work and it went on backwards, which made Taryn ask if it was in a different language before she realized she just needed a mirror, haha.
Micah sat cozy by a warm oven with hot chocolate, haha. This WAY reminds me of my mom, who I sometimes found sitting by the oven drinking warm cocoa. There's not enough warmth in the winter, no matter heaters, fireplaces, socks, and eskimo gear. I totally get it.

Comments
Post a Comment