Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

A week or so before Thanksgiving, my older brother and his family came down so we all got together for a Thanksgiving meal of soup and bread.  I only took one picture at dinner (of Amber and Taryn), but rest assured we all had a good time.  After dinner, the kids all went to Walmart with $10 each that my mom gave them.  Her fun idea was to have them draw names and buy for each other.  We had fun sneaking around the toys/games aisles so nobody saw what we were getting.  It'll be fun opening more gifts on Christmas!  I love how my mom thinks of fun things to do each year and the kids had a blast picking stuff out for each other.


Actual Thanksgiving came a week later and what a busy, fun day!  I got up early and walked a 5k.  I planned on running but new news about my neck and back brought the doctor saying "No running right now!" So I walked. Disappointingly, I only run about 6-7 minutes faster than my fastest walk.  But it was a beautiful three miles along the Jordan River Parkway with about one billion other people.  All for a good cause, so it's okay.  I went home, picked up the girls, and went back for the kids run.  Copper didn't like the slowness of the twins and I so she ran ahead and was waiting with her medal at the finish line.  Dakota chugged along and did great!  Micah took a HARD fall, smacking her head on asphalt- then it started pouring and she'd had enough. I carried her for a bit but made her "run" across the finish line.  By the time we got done, Copper was the only one who wanted the free slice of pie at the end, and everyone was cold and wet.  We cleaned up at home and found our elf Buddy had left a gift for us.  Yes!  Exploding Kittens!  We love this fun game!  Tricky elf must have known I'd been wanting this...




Dinner at Oma and Opa's this year.  Always yummy!  I took no pictures, apparently.  We did take a nice family picture though.



The Saturday after Thanksgiving we always eat at Red Robin's (yummy) and pick out Oma and Opa's tree.  Fun times.  No broken ornaments this year.  This is a big deal.

I REALLY liked these colored flocked trees.  Not enough to pay $$$, but I thought they were super cool and I wouldn't object to one ever. We also saw some live reindeer.  It might have been too cold to really enjoy them.


Always thankful (and humble) for family, friends, and the outpouring of blessings received from my Father in Heaven.  I have no doubt He knows the smallest details of our lives, hears every prayer, cries every tear with us, smiles at our joys, and giggles at the silly things in life.  I'm so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, whose life is something I hope to ingrain in mine.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...