Me: So what did you guys learn after studying the story of Mary and Martha (from the Bible)? Can you think of an example where you guys can choose the better part or thing to do?
Micah: Oh, I have an example! It's like when your house is on fire. You could just leave and run out when your family is inside, that's one choice... OR you could run around screaming that there's a fire and help everyone get out. That's like choosing the better part, right?
Tim: What?
Me: I guess you're right...
***************************************************************************
Salesman at a dealership: So how old are you guys?
Copper: I'm nine.
Dakota: I'm seven.
Micah: I'm eight.
Me: You're not eight. You're seven.
Micah: I'm eight.
Me: *gesturing* They are twins and the same age.
Micah: No we're not. Why do you keep telling people that?
Dakota: *just stares, says nothing.*
Copper: *just stares, says nothing*
****************************************************************************
Me: Red, you're a naughty dog today. Do you want to go live somewhere else?
Red: I only wanted to get out of the yard to come find you.
Me: Yes but you dug 18 inches to escape. You're like a toddler, one that escapes and runs around the neighborhood until the neighbor calls me at work and tries to chase you around. Bad dog, you get nothing!
Red: Please love me.
Me: Yesterday you chased a girl down the street, then our Bishop's family. What happened to the loving dog that stayed by my side and was well-behaved?
Red: Spring came; I'm excited. I have too much energy. I'm huge (65 pounds) but only six months.
Me: True.
**************************************************************************
Ty: You need a shock collar for Red.
Me: No. I don't like to use fear or punishment. I like positive reinforcement.
Ty: He's not a human. You can't reason with him or talk to him; you need to just train him to know who's boss.
Me: I don't like to use fear or punishment.
Tim: Guys (to the whole family), this is why we still have an almost eight year old in our bed...
Me: Unfair.
Everyone else: *laughter*
Micah: Oh, I have an example! It's like when your house is on fire. You could just leave and run out when your family is inside, that's one choice... OR you could run around screaming that there's a fire and help everyone get out. That's like choosing the better part, right?
Tim: What?
Me: I guess you're right...
***************************************************************************
Salesman at a dealership: So how old are you guys?
Copper: I'm nine.
Dakota: I'm seven.
Micah: I'm eight.
Me: You're not eight. You're seven.
Micah: I'm eight.
Me: *gesturing* They are twins and the same age.
Micah: No we're not. Why do you keep telling people that?
Dakota: *just stares, says nothing.*
Copper: *just stares, says nothing*
****************************************************************************
Me: Red, you're a naughty dog today. Do you want to go live somewhere else?
Red: I only wanted to get out of the yard to come find you.
Me: Yes but you dug 18 inches to escape. You're like a toddler, one that escapes and runs around the neighborhood until the neighbor calls me at work and tries to chase you around. Bad dog, you get nothing!
Red: Please love me.
Me: Yesterday you chased a girl down the street, then our Bishop's family. What happened to the loving dog that stayed by my side and was well-behaved?
Red: Spring came; I'm excited. I have too much energy. I'm huge (65 pounds) but only six months.
Me: True.
**************************************************************************
Ty: You need a shock collar for Red.
Me: No. I don't like to use fear or punishment. I like positive reinforcement.
Ty: He's not a human. You can't reason with him or talk to him; you need to just train him to know who's boss.
Me: I don't like to use fear or punishment.
Tim: Guys (to the whole family), this is why we still have an almost eight year old in our bed...
Me: Unfair.
Everyone else: *laughter*
Comments
Post a Comment