I love Lehi Round-Up Days and celebrating our once small but annoyingly growing and busy city.
This year the rodeo and stock parade fell on the twins' birthday. They thought it was the best birthday ever.
The stock parade- sitting out in bloody hot weather watching horses go by. It's the most boring and pathetic parade ever- literally just horse after horse and nothing else. But it's the best and we love it. It's always followed by the rodeo. Maybe it's the tradition of it; all of it's a bit awful but it's also one of our favorite things.

This year the rodeo and stock parade fell on the twins' birthday. They thought it was the best birthday ever.
The stock parade- sitting out in bloody hot weather watching horses go by. It's the most boring and pathetic parade ever- literally just horse after horse and nothing else. But it's the best and we love it. It's always followed by the rodeo. Maybe it's the tradition of it; all of it's a bit awful but it's also one of our favorite things.
This is Taryn's hand. She hates her picture taken.
Micah comes to the rodeo purely for the food. Rodeo food is the best.
This is Leisel the clown. He's 80 years old and he's been the clown of the Lehi rodeo for decade after decade after decade. He doesn't jump the fence like he used to, and he stays way clear of the bulls now, but he's funny. And, did I mention he's like 80 years old and still doing this??? I didn't want to wait in line to meet him in person but I made the kids stand behind him for a picture.
The miniature parade the next day. Again, you sit in bloody hot sun and maybe get a few Chick-O-Sticks thrown your way (boy, I really do love them), but you go because it's awful and fun at the same time.
Comments
Post a Comment