We had two big family parties this week and it was so fun!
Taryn's birthday was last Sunday (it fell on Mother's Day). We surprised her in the morning by draping a big birthday banner on the front of her house and had her open gifts outside in the sunshine.
On Tuesday, I had her friends (Kyle and Anne) meet me at my mom's house for a surprise scavenger hunt. I had already been planning with Kyle and Anne and Taryn was surprised to see everyone show up at her house at the same time with a plan. I gave them a list of twelve clues and sent them all over Lehi. They had to take a selfie in front of each location after they figured it out. It took them to places like the Roller Mills, the bakery, the statue of Porter Rockwell, the rodeo grounds, Harts gas station, the cemetery, and the baby lambs at Christofferson's farm.
Then they blindfolded her and ended back up at my house for a big party with everyone. we had hot dogs and homemade mac-n cheese, with fruit, veggies, cheesecake, and rice krispie treats. We also had a pinata which was a gigantic hit.
I think she had a great time. We can't believe she's SIXTEEN! She's already been out applying for jobs and can't wait to work. That will be an extremely good use of her time... She also gets her license on Tuesday next week... wow! I think my mom couldn't be happier: she's already saying things like, "Yeah, go to the store and get this..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday we celebrated Barb's 65th birthday! It's been months since we were all together, so I'm so grateful we were able to be with each other. Tim's mom is one of the most wonderful people I know. She is great grandma (Oma) and has taken our girls under her wings too. She raised a great guy I'm lucky to be married to. She cherishes family and getting together, so I'm happy we made it happen.










Comments
Post a Comment