Today the governor mandated masks be worn in K-12 as they transition back to school this fall.
You can't see the tears of laughter streaming down my face right now, right?
I see kids in elementary school:
I'm super anti kids wearing masks; I don't think it's good for them. I obviously don't think it will kill them, but how can it be good for them? How can it be good for my twins who had respiratory issues that landed them in the hospital every winter for years? Give them some fresh air to breathe. I don't want them to get COVID, but they have a less chance of getting that than they do having trouble breathing while wearing a mask every day all day. BUT, I suppose we'll give it a go because I don't expect it to last too long and my kids are really anxious to get back to school. This mandate may be helpful for secondary schools but definitely not for elementary. Goodness- pile up on the hand sanitizer, make school breaks a few times a day where they disinfect their own desks and chairs (and the door handles, etc. etc), teach them to mind their own business with their hands.
I'm not sure what I think of all the messages I hear from the government and media and "experts" on all of this COVID business. I find it confusing to know who to trust, so I try to pay close attention to my gut feeling and the inspiration I receive when in quiet thought. I imagine this coronavirus isn't going to go away anytime soon, and I don't want to live scrambling to know what to do or think, or how to raise my girls in the craziness. It's such a weird time right now.
On top of corona is the state of our nation. I'm not even sure what to document right now; it's crazy every time I read the news. Monuments of our founding fathers being torn down, removed, vandalized, blasphemed; I can't even believe it. I can't believe the disrespect and violence toward others, all in the name of "good change"; I can't believe our history is being represented like that. If it weren't for our founding fathers, the good people of this nation would never be able to protest, to challenge opposition freely, to speak freely, to act freely, to practice beliefs and traditions freely. A good number of people don't realize that their right to advocate for change (albeit they're doing it in completely the wrong way) only comes from the freedom the founding fathers granted this country. I definitely know that our loving God directed them. Far from perfect, and far from a perfect time, our freedom was originated divinely through these leaders.
I guess enough said. I feel I should talk about what's going on right now because this is our journal and family history. Most of the time I don't know what to even say about it, but when thoughts come, I try to jot them down.
You can't see the tears of laughter streaming down my face right now, right?
I see kids in elementary school:
- Using them as slingshots
- Using them as an extra pocket
- Swapping already breathed in masks for "cooler" ones their friends have
- Whipping others with them
- Losing them multiple times a day
- Stretching them out to be unusable
- Moving them over their eyes or to the backs of their heads
- Or, the most likely: touching their masked faces (and then everything else) the entire day long.
I'm super anti kids wearing masks; I don't think it's good for them. I obviously don't think it will kill them, but how can it be good for them? How can it be good for my twins who had respiratory issues that landed them in the hospital every winter for years? Give them some fresh air to breathe. I don't want them to get COVID, but they have a less chance of getting that than they do having trouble breathing while wearing a mask every day all day. BUT, I suppose we'll give it a go because I don't expect it to last too long and my kids are really anxious to get back to school. This mandate may be helpful for secondary schools but definitely not for elementary. Goodness- pile up on the hand sanitizer, make school breaks a few times a day where they disinfect their own desks and chairs (and the door handles, etc. etc), teach them to mind their own business with their hands.
I'm not sure what I think of all the messages I hear from the government and media and "experts" on all of this COVID business. I find it confusing to know who to trust, so I try to pay close attention to my gut feeling and the inspiration I receive when in quiet thought. I imagine this coronavirus isn't going to go away anytime soon, and I don't want to live scrambling to know what to do or think, or how to raise my girls in the craziness. It's such a weird time right now.
On top of corona is the state of our nation. I'm not even sure what to document right now; it's crazy every time I read the news. Monuments of our founding fathers being torn down, removed, vandalized, blasphemed; I can't even believe it. I can't believe the disrespect and violence toward others, all in the name of "good change"; I can't believe our history is being represented like that. If it weren't for our founding fathers, the good people of this nation would never be able to protest, to challenge opposition freely, to speak freely, to act freely, to practice beliefs and traditions freely. A good number of people don't realize that their right to advocate for change (albeit they're doing it in completely the wrong way) only comes from the freedom the founding fathers granted this country. I definitely know that our loving God directed them. Far from perfect, and far from a perfect time, our freedom was originated divinely through these leaders.
I guess enough said. I feel I should talk about what's going on right now because this is our journal and family history. Most of the time I don't know what to even say about it, but when thoughts come, I try to jot them down.
Comments
Post a Comment