Taryn had her wisdom teeth out. Her post-surgery videos were hilarious; she cried and yelled for cheeseburgers, she cried for the gal in the next room who also had her wisdom teeth out; she cried because her dad told her she lost her wisdom. Pretty funny!
The gals protecting the pooch from my wrath...
Micah got her sparring gear. Yay!
Also, Micah made her own shelf in her room from cardboard trash. Pretty clever.
Our neighbor had like 100 feet cut off her ginormous trees and had nowhere to take them. Luckily our neighborhood came to help. The girls had fun hauling branch after branch from the back to the front yard. Tim had fun loading trailer and trailer load to the dump. Well, I don't think he thought it was fun, but he's always a humble helper.
This is what Red looks like when he spends an hour digging great big holes in our backyard in attempt to escape. I, fairly seriously, blame COVID a little bit. Prior to this year, Red spent all sorts of time alone. He doesn't like being alone, but he didn't find too much trouble. Since March, someone is basically home all of the time. He doesn't spend a lot of time by himself. Us going on vacation really did him in and I think he thought he might die without us. He spent four days with my brother before spending half a day in our own backyard while they went to work. He escaped and my brother, who checked on him at lunchtime, found him sitting on the front porch waiting for someone to get home. He was covered in mud. My brother fixed the holes where he dug with railroad ties and bricks. It happened again the next day, except this time he explored the whole neighborhood. My friend from almost 3 blocks away called us and said, "I think I see Red wandering in and out of people's yards; is he with you?" I explained I was in Bryce Canyon and started crying. She tried for awhile to catch him but he wouldn't come. I asked Taryn to go find him and thankfully he recognized her and jumped in her car. Apparently our little neighbor checking on the chickens didn't close the gate all of the way. Uggh. When we had been home a few days later, I left him alone for an HOUR and he dug all over the yard where the grass is soft. And a week later, he saw me out Kota's window walking down the sidewalk and tore through Kota's blinds in an attempt to get to me. He is abnormally attached to me. It's all fine when he's just sitting at my feet when I work, but his tactics are those of the terrible two's. Stinker.
I took a selfie during a (virtual!) job interview. So- I got a new job! More later...
Oh my. Gremlins are back in the store. Micah is in heaven. This last summer we watched all sorts of movies from my childhood: Jaws, Gremlins, Goonies, Neverending Story, Princess Bride, etc. Micah loved Gremlins and the others hated it. Hahaha.
Every year we go to Park City (shopping!) with my childhood friends. This year, Denise was sick but we met up with Candis and had a great time! The girls were spoiled with Halloween and Christmas presents from Liz (Candis' mom), much to their giggles and delight.
We always go to Main Street in Park City, walk the length of the hill, and stop by Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Kota got an ice cream the size of her face...
Micah's karate dojo had a Halloween party so she dressed as a bow-hunter and brought her prize trophy deer. One favorite part of the party was the toilet paper throw... so happy we didn't have to clean up the mess! Micah won the best costume for her age group and the prize was a pair of nun-chucks. Tim was super excited to try them out. And, Copper makes a super cute deer!
Annual Halloween haunted house making... we all made our own. Tim's won (it's the all black one...)


























Comments
Post a Comment