I didn't "get to" go to the school Halloween parade this year because of COVID. Darn. What a shame to not be able to find a spot in the crowded school parking lot or in any of the halls because of all the parents who bring all their kinfolk, strollers, wagons, and cameras only to see a glimpse of their child who they saw one hour earlier...
I triple love that Halloween was on a Saturday this year. We cleaned all morning, went shopping in the afternoon (more like browsing) and then spent the night together. We made homemade pizza and homemade root beer for dinner. Yum Yum.
This year Copper was a pink leopard cat.
Dakota was a deer at school but a wolf at home.
Micah was a skeleton. I convinced her she didn't need a bloody hatchet to carry along, which was her original plan.
We went trick or treating. I'm grateful for neighbors who were "open" for Halloween this year and we respected those who weren't. Copper officially hit the "I'm just going to go with my friends," this year and we didn't see her for the rest of the night. Here she is with cute Zoey and cute Emily.
Grandma stopped by to see costumes and ended up walking with us to trick or treat for a bit. Copper made it to three houses together before running into friends and leaving. It's been awhile since Grandma trick or treated with us and the girls had fun. Plus, it was remarkably warm!
After trick or treating I made Kota and Micah shower so we could have our party. We tied donuts to strings and tried to eat them without hands, and we tried bobbing for apples. We had sliced apple "nachos" with caramel melted over them and topped with nuts.
Copper came home later having traveled all over numerous neighborhoods. She got all sorts of junk we'll probably just throw or give away.... 😁
Happy Halloween!












Comments
Post a Comment