These three have been begging me to take them shopping so they could buy matching accessories and do a photoshoot. I finally did. I got a glimpse of life with three teenage girls, which both excited me and left me drained. Ha! I'm glad they're good friends.
Copper's been reading 1-2 Harry Potter books during the last school week, which is pretty good considering it's around 1200 pages in five days. The school librarian (who is also our 3rd cousin) got Copper these HP glasses. We now call her Copper Potter and love it.
The government bought our kids a new trampoline. I can't believe the "free" money they're throwing around. I'm not sure what's happening to the USA but it makes me nervous. So, we're donating a whole bunch, saving a bunch, and then we got this fun toy.
![]() |
A few Sundays ago I thought it would be a good idea to write out our own desired blessings from God, like Emma Smith. I wanted it to be serious, and it sort of was, but mixed in with Tim's humor and Dakota's silliness. Here's what they wrote:
Tim wrote: The time to take care of my body, and family and spirituality. Cassie to be happy."
(that's a metaphorical knife to my heart b/c I'm trying, haha). Then he wrote a note to Kota....
Dakota's: I desire to have courage. I desire to have the spirit throughout my life. I also desire to do better at my talents.
Micah's: I desire knowledge in reading. I desire to not be afraid at all. I desire to be hulk and (get) a white tiger. I desire to be a prodigy in karate. I desire to be good at (she walked away...).
Copper's: I desire to know what to do in life and to know the teachings of Jesus Christ. I want to desire to exercise in the morning and to learn that I don't need electronics. I desire knowledge for school since I am going to middle school. I desire that I can make friends easily and I can make my dream come true.
It was a fun little lesson in knowing what we'd like to ask Heavenly Father for, what we need help with, and also to trust He knows what's best. Tim has a talent for making things fun and lighthearted but I appreciate his simplicity. He doesn't need much in life- to feel well, his family, and God. It's the best thing about him. The girls' personalities all burst right through with their thoughts. It's their best things too. I wrote one out too but I didn't take a picture. I thought it'd be great to type it all out, or write it really pretty, but then I lost it. Sounds like me, haha. I think I desire a lot of things from God- I desire to trust Him and the path my life takes me, I desire to raise my girls to trust God too and stand by Him through crappy times; I desire to love myself and not have it be such a glooming battle for me; I desire to find balance and harmony in my life. It was a fun afternoon and I'm glad we took time to think about it. I'm pretty sure God knows everything we need but I also bet He wants us to reach a point in asking Him for those things, recognizing we can't do it on on our own.











Comments
Post a Comment