Headed to Amber's family's property near Starvation Reservoir in Duchesne County. It's about 10 minutes from the one we bought, so it'll be fun! We had a good time there and are grateful her family lets us in on their family time. I think there were about 15 kids my girls' ages, so they had a riot and only (semi) got hurt a small amount of times. Plenty of sun, good food, good company, and a whole bunch of dogs and dirt. Good times!
Amber's brother in law had too much to drink, got on a four-wheeler, and threw $120 in ones to all the kids who were chasing him. All of them walked away with a handful. I'm not sure how I feel about it overall, but it sure was entertaining!
There was also a brisket cook-off and I think it was the best meat I've ever had in my life...
Amber's grandpa brought up a trampoline to keep up there; the kids LOVED it!
Amber washing her hair in extremely cold water.... too bad you can't see her picture in this. She winced and cried out the whole time.
These two were inseparable. And they caught a billion lizards and horny toads...
Lots of fire time!
I tried cooking a loaf of bread in the Dutch oven with coals. It semi worked out but I didn't count for elevation, so it could have been better. This is Copper waiting for our (yummy) ribs to get done!
Fishing at Starvation Reservoir. Caught and released a few! I think Tim and Micah could sit there all day.
Lots of 4-wheeler time, and now my kids want one...
The water was way too cold to play in, but fun to kayak in!
Kota and Tim having a stick war...
Tree swings and the zipline...
Lots of dogs, and we fell in love with this one!
The two brother mutts...
Thanks Uncle Ty for showing us how to drive!
Bug catching...
This is the view from the property we bought. We closed on it the day after we left camping but decided to just stay where we're at with Amber's family.
But it's beautiful, right? I'm excited, it'll be fun.
This will be our permanent camping spot once Tim brings his machine up to level it all out.
Copper brought her summer workbook. She takes things like that seriously...

















































Comments
Post a Comment