July means fireworks!
Usually we just show up to Ty and Amber's and they put on an incredible show, thanks to her dad's extreme love and enthusiasm for fireworks. This year I tried to help in the background a bit as a way to say thanks for the incredible show. It is a TON of work! We unloaded the firework stand tent one night, box after box after box, and I couldn't really believe they do it all the time during the month. THen I helped them unload a 53' semi truck trailer chock full of cases and cases and cases (900 of them) of fireworks. So- thousands of firework boxes from the trailer into a warehouse. I didn't even help the entire time, but I did with almost half and I was dripping in sweat and had well over 10K steps in a few hours. The look on Amber's face at the empty trailer (finally!) was pretty good.
They're smiling because they're eating ice cream and hadn't helped unload the tent yet...
Amber's mom gave Copper a "Copper Strobe" firework for helping out. Fun!
We had our annual firework show, with good food (kalua pork, fruit, chips and dip (which Tim loved on) and salads). I made blueberry cobbler in a Dutch oven over coals, which I did not get a picture of but heard it was good. Thanks to my family for putting on a good time together!
What a load! I think the biggest one had 156 shots...
Hosing down the remains of explosions...
Micah missed the last 25 minutes... but she's comfy!
Wyatt put together a box of a few hundred snaps...
I got up the next morning at 6:30 to go help them clean up. Blowing up that many fireworks makes a mess that's several hundred feet wide in all directions. The mess is hard to describe. A few leaf blowers, a few brooms, a few hours, and a trip to the dump... totally worth it.
God Bless America! I bet He loves fireworks.
Comments
Post a Comment