Copper went to girls' camp this past week for the 1st time! Except because of COVID still, it was home camp, where they took day trips each day, came home for a few hours, and went back all night for dinner and activities. She had a ball! They had a lake day and went kayaking and swimming, to the hot pots to soak (in hot water in 102 degree weather), rock climbing, and games at the park; nights were full of games, hair braiding, displaying favorite things, getting to know you activities, dance parties, skits, and more and more. We barely saw her all week long. :)
They needed a few priesthood holders to join, so Tim went with Copper to the hotpots and rock climbing. I'm so glad he got some pictures of her- it was amazing!
She climbed about 50+ feet of rock, including over a ledge. She wanted to quit but the girls cheered her on and their spirit helped her confidence and she did it! I'm so proud of her, and I'm incredibly grateful for the youth programs and activities in our church that help these girls. I love that our church offers youth opportunities for such growth in character and spirit. I'm a happy mama.
I took one picture of one (of two) days we went to the Steel Days carnival. It was bloody hot with a ton of people... the girls loved it... (and so did the friend we brought)
Ty and Amber invited us down to Big Horn Ranch in Sanpete County, where they keep their trailer for most of the summer. The girls and dogs had a fine time running, playing at the playground, and riding 4-wheelers. Grateful for fun summer times!
Amber had a birthday and so Shandee and I decided to throw her a Barb and Star surprise party. Barb and Star is a movie we watched when we all went to St. George together a few months ago. They thought it was hilarious, and I might have had I stayed awake for it. Most movies put me to sleep, haha. We even made culottes to wear. Shandee is the party-thrower for the family. I basically just showed up.



























Comments
Post a Comment