Seventh grade for this sweet gal! They had her grade start a day earlier than the rest to get them used to the school and different classes. All of the sudden, she's definitely not a kid. Such a sweet, loving, beautiful, smart, kind, and incredible young woman. She had a great first day and had no trouble navigating all the changes.
I about cried dropping her off because dozens of elementary school teachers (including her fifth and sixth grade teachers) lined the entrance to the school to cheer all the junior high newbies on. So fun!
I was sooo happy to hear her finally say how worried she was the first day. Copper doesn't always share those things and typically just has an easy going attitude. I love that about her, and I want to know any of those scary or unsure feelings she has because.... I don't know. I like to know how she feels. :)
The first day of school for the twins happed the next day. They were excited and ready three hours early...
This year the elementary schools don't start until 9:15. It's the absolutely worst thing for us and it's absolutely the last choice parents picked when the district asked for opinions this past summer. So I can't really take them to school and I definitely can't pick them up with my job. It's a pain, and a little sad because I like to!
So the girls were up before six and had gotten dressed, all of the way ready, done chores and piano practice, and had time to spare before we had to leave. Geez!
They had a great first day though. Dakota easily found her friends and started up right where they left off. Micah found Alexis, who had very sweetly given Micah one of her looms, some yarn, and spent recess teaching her how to use it. Kindness rules.
Yes- they picked out matching shirts. Micah only agreed to wear them together because Copper goes to a different school! And poor Red, who is probably used to Dakota by now.
The teachers made it fun enough they all want to go back!
Comments
Post a Comment