Somebody in our family had a birthday last week and it was me! I love my birthday. This year was a bit crazy, but always good!
For the last 14 years of marriage, plus before, I've told Tim that what speaks to my heart are words. I love notes, handwritten letters, kind words, and anything like that. They speak to me more than anything else. So I purposefully prepped him numerous times in the weeks preceding my birthday that I really just wanted him to write me a note. Ha! He has written me a small handful of notes over the years and I keep all of them because I like them. I'm not terribly sentimental and can throw away pretty much anything, so keeping them means something!
I wasn't disappointed! I woke up to balloons, gifts from the girls, and a note from Tim.
The girls gave me gear to keep me warm, a tortilla press of my own, and my very most favorite pens in the whole world. Pens are also my jam.
The best picture of them I got that morning. Not bad for a Thursday morning when we were all in a rush to get out the door!
Red got me...nothing. He just stared at me like this all morning.
I tried to go to work that morning. It was rough. We had carpool trouble so I was late getting out the door, then made it to Provo before Tim called and needed to be picked up because his truck was getting fixed. So I called it a sign to not go into the office, worked a while at home, and painted baseboards all afternoon. Tim and I went to lunch- actually out to eat, which I hadn't done since August. We tried Zupa's where I got a bowl of quinoa with chicken, apples, and nuts. I shouldn't have, since I have no idea how any of it was cooked or with what oils, but figured I was pretty okay. Then I ate half of Tim's roll and spent the afternoon feeling pretty crappy, haha.
Tim had church meetings all night so I invited Amber and the kids over. We did absolutely nothing but chat. She gave me a cool notebook with paper made from stone, and a pack of colored pens. AND I found a note on the inside, which was pretty much icing on my imaginary cake.
My work people also got me a notebook and pens. These folks must know me well. I am a notebook, pen loving person!
I was also spoiled with gift cards to my favorite places, lots of texts and calls, and time to reflect on the good life I have.
Comments
Post a Comment