Borrowed my sister's food strainer to see if I liked it. Liked it a lot, so I found a used one for $20. It was in Cedar City, so I asked a co-worker to pick it up for me and deliver it when she came to Provo next. Only had to wait two days, and paid her in bread instead of gas, so it's a win. We trekked to Rowley's Red Barn in Santaquin for cheap produce and have been making applesauce and salsa. I went there for the produce...the girls went there for the ice cream and treats...
I got pretty excited about a little wagon to carry all your stuff 😁 and that Honey Crisp apples were a little over a dollar a pound, and so were peppers...
It's not canned, so good thing everyone eats it up in a flash...
Homemade applesauce is amazingly good, and the strainer I bought makes it so no peeling or coring needed. Super easy and super fast!
Took the girls to Classic Skating for their free elementary school sponsored night. Kota drove with her other half, Olivia, and they all got treated to ice cream. Good thing, because a short time later some older teenager plowed right into Micah and she landed head first, really hard. I thought she had a concussion for a bit.. I didn't see her fall but a lady had to bring her over to me because she had a hard time standing or walking. So sad! She has a gnarly goose-egg on her head but thankfully no concussion.
Micah passed of her 3rd stripe on her orange belt a month or so ago and her belt exam for the green belt is coming up in May. Last week, her sensei made her do her karate routine (are they called routines??) in front of everyone, and if she didn't say "kiai" loudly at the end, she had to do it over until he could hear her. She's usually pretty quiet there and nobody can hear her. She had to perform (do they perform??) in front of everyone, and the whole room was silent when she said "kiai". Ha! It was funny, but loud enough she only had to do it once!
We usually go celebrate earned stripes as a family but Micah asked to go to the dojo "parent night out" with a friend instead. The dojo has a party for kids every month to give parents a chance to drop off their kiddos and go out. Micah asked to take her cousin Maci and I think the two of them had a ball, and her sensei Jordan was a good sport in posing with a bunch of goofballs...
Dakota is always a poser!
First dinner eating outside this year! Missing Cops, who hung out with her other half Emily instead...
Chickens are doing well... They found a dirt covered shady spot under our lilac tree and mostly live there during the day...
I bought this old ugly table at the DI for $20 because I wanted a project to work on. My hand-sander and a lot of time later, it was ready to stain and finish. I love it!
Did we need a new table? No.
When I brought it home my whole family said, "It looks like exactly like the table we have!" I think not. That table is white (with stains all over it). I had to explain it's not really about the table, it's the process of creating and beautifying, right?
A few weekends ago it was a beautiful Saturday and especially warm, so we got out water balloons I was saving for Easter and they went through 80 in about six minutes...
The back loaf is full of white flour. The front one has gluten free flour. It looks decent (well, not really), but rest assured it was quite disgusting. I have tried a couple of types of GF flour and honestly, none of them are worth it. Sadly. Maybe it's a good thing though...
I'm so happy all my kids are huge readers. Copper read 8,000+ pages just in her 3rd term at school. It's literally all she does. She's either reading or with her friend Emily. They are inseparable. It's good to have best friends.























Comments
Post a Comment