*cheerfully* cleaning the church at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning... :)
Shandee and I planned a night out to celebrate Amber getting a second job and we took the husbands along with us. We tried out VIA313 and nobody could tell our pizza was both gluten and dairy free. It's a pretty okay place if you want to spend money on food. This sign seemed fitting when I saw Tim standing next to it. He's felt pretty crummy this past week and has been in pretty awful back and neck pain.
He took the week off to literally do nothing but heal. We'll see what happens- likely he's either going to have to change professions or change what he does within excavation, or work minimally with a lot of breaks. He's a trooper.
Our faucet has been broken for awhile. It was annoying, but not enough to do something about it for several months- I just took a hex key several times every day to screw the handle back on every time it fell off. Then I burned my hand when the temp switched and the handle fell off at the same time. So I went and bought a new one. And I replaced it myself because there was no way Tim could have crawled on the floor and under the sink. I only *almost* cried only once when I couldn't get the top nut to screw off. But I finished it and it doesn't leak!
School started. We have mixed feelings. Sad that summer is ending, and what seems like so quickly, and grateful for a schedule again.
Copper is in 8th grade at Lehi Junior High. It's the same junior high I went to and it looks nearly the same as it did 30 years ago. Her cousin Cameron goes to the same school now, which is kind of fun. They have one class together- dance, which is also fun.
Dakota and Micah are in 6th (!!) grade at Freedom Elementary. One of the most notable things so far is that the city decided to dig up the road in front of their school the day school started. So that's also fun. They have Mr. Smith, who is incredibly cool and they both love him.
I took no pictures of back to school night.
This is the best picture I could get the morning school started. Micah chose to wear the same dirty and holey jeans she has worn every day for a year, and also only wears either karate or dinosaur shirts. Kota wore the same worn out jean shorts she wears every day, and I'm not actually sure where she got that white shirt. Copper wore jeans that matches her cousin Maci's and a cute new top- new school clothes matter to her.
I'm okay with all of it. I love all their styles. I'm just glad they mostly do their own hair now.
Back to Dinosaur Island at Thanksgiving Point- this time in the rain. We got drenched after our umbrella broke and Micah convinced all of us to stay and walk around anyway...
We also hit the dinosaur museum...
And we hit farm country, where Kota fell in love with goats she could pet and feed. She's been begging for dwarf goats and researching what it would take to have pets. So if you see small goats in our backyard, she's the reason...
Tim has no humor when it comes to this sign. I think it's a bit clever. When you think life is easy...it's not. :)














Comments
Post a Comment