Tim can't lift anything for quite awhile so I'm doing things around the house I normally would totally avoid.... such as:
Filling up our dog food bucket; doesn't sound like a big deal but it is...
Taking out all the garbage bags and cans out to the road; also doesn't sound like a big deal except it's been his chore the length of our marriage...
Lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds...
And lifting/moving things like this:
Our washer broke the day after Tim's surgery, so that timing was perfect. I'm not complaining- the beaut lasted 16 years and had slowly been dying. I went and picked one out, paid for it, set up the delivery and installment, and came home to tell Tim. I'm not sure he was coherent enough to know what was going on.
I should have also bought us a cruise or something...
Anyway, a few days ago I unhooked it and Copper and I moved it from the laundry room to the living room so I could clean behind it and get ready for a new one. I'm a little proud- they are incredibly heavy and bulky!
Meanwhile, Dakota and I took five loads to the laundromat and we learned how expensive that is... but at least it was done all at once instead of borrowing someone's washer for a day and spending six hours there...

Comments
Post a Comment