Skip to main content

Spring, Life Updates, Random Stuff


Spring is trying to get here and we've had a few good super sunny days.

Dakota's soccer season started. She's pretty awesome and got nominated for the Gatorade her coach gives to someone who rocked it. They tied their first game, 3-3. It's fun to watch her get out there and move her body, after a winter of watching hours and hours of Dude Perfect and Psych...



Micah is kicking trash at karate. It's her 5th year (she started in 3rd grade) and you can tell how hard she works and how much she's grown.  

This is a cool video from an informal little performance the other night. She was asked to teach her Young Women group a few moves, and then at the end she showed them the kata she is currently working on.  Thanks to her friend Ronan for coming to help!

Video of Micah's kata at YW




Copper is all sorts of busy!  She had a few choir concerts lately.  I hemmed her dress, accidently sliced it clear up the back, fixed it the best I could, and sent her singing. As always she looked darling. 





She's getting to be a pretty good driver. She doesn't prefer to drive but I prefer it! She went on the freeway for the first time a few weekends ago and did pretty well!  Three months and counting until she can drive herself to the space center...

She got invited to train as a supervisor at the space center, with the intention of being a paid employee anywhere from 5-10 months, depending on completion of a bunch of training requirements.  They have a pretty good set up over there and we're impressed with the growth she'll have there that will follow her wherever else she works.  And... she just registered for her junior year. Crazy. Her five year plan includes a year of college, going on a mission, finishing college, and seeing where life takes her.

Random Life:
Dakota and her friend:
Henry: Hey Kota will you watch my little guinea pigs this weekend?
Kota: Sure
Henry: Okay great I'll bring everything over
Kota: (10 minutes before he got to our house) Hey mom, is it okay?
Kota: I guess it's a big guinea pig cage and it's for 10 days not a weekend...
hahahaha


Kota: lover of ice cream right out of the container

Kota: lover of homemade strawberry jam made especially for her by my friend... also eaten right from the container...

Micah went out into the neighborhood with a penny in her hand and played "Bigger or Better" and came home with a huge tub of hot cocoa.  Sometimes when they play this they get pretty cool stuff, and sometimes it's garbage but at least they have fun.



Tiny mini loaves of bread I made for all my workers, along with a handwritten note of thanks.  They're a good bunch of people and I can't give them raises so they get this...

I rarely see these two in person, though we're texting maniacs.  We decided to actually get together and make homemade pasta, which turned out pretty awesome. We fed our families that night with fresh chicken carbonara and sourdough garlic parmesan bread.


I oiled my hair right before this picture... so it is what it is. BUT:
☑  Passport applications turned in for our cruise next year.
☑ Cruise paid for... except all the extras

I rarely go on field trips when the work kids go but I decided to go to the zoo with them because otherwise they wouldn't take one of the kids and I thought she should go. It was pretty cool; I love the zoo and Tim doesn't, so I got to enjoy it, and for free. AND there was this little family of giraffes, with the smallest not being very old but being very cute.


Yeah... this seems true  ↑

This chicken is being given away to anyone who wants her. If I have the patio door open to let the dog in and out, or just let the sunshine in... I find her in the kitchen eating the dog food. It was a little funny the first time and not so funny after that.  She lets herself in and out of their coop area by flying over the fence anytime she wants...

My brother gave me this cast iron pan and it's from the 1800s. He finds cool stuff like that and I'm lucky to call him my bro. I made chicken pot pie (with biscuits) in it for everyone to say thanks!  

I'm reading this work book because I'm using it for a parent group I'm starting. It has different little exercises parents can do and I decided to do them too. The first one was to write at least 50 small things that bring joy, so this is my list. I'm still working on it but it's been a fun little project.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter-ish, belt exams, and more

  Micah's belt exam was last month.  She advanced to the top of three brown belts and her junior black belt exam will be this fall.  She asked me not to tell or invite anyone except Auree... and Auree is her karate friend. She said, "only karate people there except you guys."  Copper was in NY, so it was just Tim and I and Dakota.  Kota's phone died about one hour into the almost four hours we were there, and what a trooper. Haha. Micah is awesome! While waiting they had to do all sorts of "the grind" exercises.  Here she had to put her feet on her friend (boy Ronan) legs and then do push ups. It looked really hard. Jujitsu fighting with friend (girl) Ronan... Three hours in and she just sat and took a break.  She looked beat. I'm grateful for girl Ronan's friendship with Micah.  They're all such great friends with her. Ronan, Kristine, and Micah Ms. Kassie came back to see everyone who was advanced testing! Micah was thrilled; this is her mentor...

She's Here!

Yea! Copper is here and is so beautiful! She was born on June 8, 2009 after a surprise "You're not leaving the hospital" induction. She was 6.13 pounds and 18.5 inches long. She had the cord around her neck twice, so she was this dark haired, albino skin girl with quivering lips. But so cute! She got some color right away and has stayed pink since! Here's a few pics...
 We went to California! Micah has her annual karate in the woods event through ISKA, and this year we decided to take the whole family and go a few days early. It kind of stinks because the girls had 4 days of school and then we took off! I don't regret it though. They are hard workers and they got caught up pretty fast.  We got there really early Wednesday morning after an early flight, and started off the day off with a baseball game with the San Francisco Giants. Micah is now baseball's biggest fan. Especially the Giants, and especially number 51. I can't remember his name but she knows everything including his stats. 🤣 Wednesday we also walked Pier 39 and about exhausted ourselves from a very long day.  Thursday we hit the national monument and visitor center of the Golden Gate bridge and then walked along it until we got a pretty decent view of the ocean. So pretty! After that we spent the whole rest of the afternoon at the San Francisco zoo. I think this was Dakota...