Friday night I stayed up and watched a movie with Micah and Tim's headache was back (well, hasn't really gone away but was getting worse) so he went to bed earlier than I did. I got up early and went to the track with Amber and walked for an hour. When I got back at 8:30 that morning, I cleaned the kitchen and saw Tim coming down the stairs. He looked funny and when I asked if he was okay he said, "LLLLaaaunndddryyy" in a stutturing kind of voice. I asked him again if he was okay and he looked at me, paused, went back upstairs, then turned around and came back. He still couldn't put words together, and then sort of all of the sudden, by the time he was in the kitchen and sat down, he could say a few things. He told me the right side of his face was numb and down his ride arm. He was confused and it took him a long time to get words out. I immediately thought it might be having a mini stroke. I also am sort of on the edge medically and can't decide if I always jump to the worst. But I asked him if we should go back to the ER and he nodded, so we went. Two days after the last ER visit, but this wasn't his headache (which was still there).
A mini stroke is also called a TIA but I can't remember what it stands for. If you have one, you (can) recover really quickly but should still treat it like an emergency. I'm not sure how I knew this.
When you tell the ER you think your husband might have had a mini stroke, they move a lot faster than when you tell them you need a concoction IV for a migraine! He didn't have some symptoms, but he had enough they did an MRI, EKG, and a CT scan in the first 20-30 minutes of being there. I just waited in the room and went back and forth between crying and playing a phone game to distract myself.
When you tell the ER you think your husband might have had a mini stroke, they move a lot faster than when you tell them you need a concoction IV for a migraine! He didn't have some symptoms, but he had enough they did an MRI, EKG, and a CT scan in the first 20-30 minutes of being there. I just waited in the room and went back and forth between crying and playing a phone game to distract myself.
After a Long while, the doctor came back in and said he did not have a stroke. So that's good.
But his body mimicked a stroke as a neurological reaction to chronic stress, a very chronic headache (six weeks now), and physical trauma. I just stared at the doctor and was sooo confused. I almost didn't believe him but at the same time I was so glad he didn't actually have a stroke.
What a fun thing to learn and experience. ðŸ˜
We're supposed to follow up with his neurologist. Got it. Add it to the list.
I haven't taken a picture of me at all this Christmas week, so here's one for your pleasure.
Warning- I don't quite look like myself. I've aged 100 years:


Comments
Post a Comment