Micah: "Look at this cool knife I bought at Cabela's... but can you fold it because I can't figure it out."
My mom came and replaced SEVEN sprinklers while I was at work and my brother Tom came and adjusted all of them. I'm grateful for them. The responsible part of me tries not to care about watering the lawn so much this year in such a drought, but the vain part of me cries when my lawn is yellow.
My dog smiling at me, hahaha
Don't let these pictures fool you.
I was prepared and excited to make homemade ravioli since the girls were gone all week for girls camp.
Date night with Tim and fresh pasta.
Filled with ricotta, parmesan, egg, and beet root powder, which made the filling a pretty pink.
Looks pretty. Tasted okay.
It made four large ravioli before I called it quits. The dough was too dry and tough. I am determined to become a pasta maker... but not today.
Tim: "Right now?"
Me: "Yes." (Looks up places to stay) "Okay they're sold out."
Tim: "We should go to Lagoon this year."
So that's how we celebrated America's 250th. It was hot but not too crowded, and each ticket was almost half off. The girls had a ball.
We brought lunch and all of them napped a bit through it
Perked up for ice cream though!
And a family walk the next day. Micah always looks sad in pictures, but she isn't. She's just working on matching her facial expressions to how she feels inside. :)
This is a great family.
And Dakota, pet whisperer. The dog at her knees and the cat (who hates almost everyone) on her lap














Comments
Post a Comment